Notice:Nominations for Young women scientist award 2022-23 has been extended up to 28th of October till 5.00 P.M.
USERC, Department of Information and Science Technology, Govt. of Uttarakhand invites nominations /applications for the USERC young women scientist Awards 2022-23 to honor the young women scientists for their significant achievements in the field of science education, medical & allied sciences including social sciences and agriculture. Nominations may be proposed by head of the institutions or directly by the candidate through proper channel. The incumbents should be engaged in basic and applied research in any discipline of science & technology leading to various applications for product generation and technology development. A demonstrative ability to benefit the society in improving the quality of life or notable performance in Teaching and Research in different fields of Science, Technology and Agriculture as evident from publications in reputed journals. These awards will be given in the following two Subgroups:
- Young women Scientist Excellence Award (below 30 years of Age)
- Young Women Scientist Achievement Award (up to 45 years of Age)
Following are the broad themes to be considered for accepting the Excellence and Achievements awards.
- Innovation in Teaching & Research for Basic Science &Technology
- Scientific and Technological interventions for environmental sustainability and entrepreneurship development.
- Work for Development of ethno traditional knowledge focusing on Health, Energy and Agriculture.
The nominations/applications must comprise the following-
- A letter of appreciation outlining the ground in persuasion of above indicated broad themes. A brief description of candidate’s work highlighting important achievements and significant contributions in the indicated field of Science & Technology, Medical & allied Science including Social Science and Agriculture
- A brief biographical sketch including list of publications (in referred Journals) and Patents
- A brief note on the importance of work for Science & Technology Education and development including their applications for benefitting society with highlights for future scope
- Five recent best research papers or description of models highlighting product and technology development
These awards will be bestowed upon those working in Uttarakhand State. The selection of the candidate will be done by a panel of experts. The decision of Panel will be final. Only selected candidates will be intimated. These awards will be presented during Women Scientist Conclave 2022-23, organized by USERC.
The last date for receipts of nominations / applications is –19.10.2022 till 4:00 P.M.
All the nominations/applications may be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. However two hard copies of the same should also be sent by registered/ speed post at the following address:
Director, Uttarakhand Science Education and Research Centre
21/4 E.C. Road, Dehradun
Incomplete or late nominations / applications will not be entertained.